Sorted out my tapestries and found I had 3 of suitable size. Decided to go with the Spanish lady as I thought it would go better in the room and it was the one that my mother did. I first had to remove the label which said it had won 1st prize. My grandmother rather naughtily entered it into a competition at the local Darby and Joan club as her own work and it won first prize!
Next I had to find a suitable board to mount it on and found some really thick (1/2cm) card which had been the cover of a fabric sample book. It was quite hard to cut and involved a Stanley knife and steel rule. Tapestries have to be stretched into shape as they tend to go diamond shaped as they are worked. This is usually done by lacing it with string at the back. I used a ball of dishcloth cotton which worked well and then stapled it in place to stop it moving again.
As it was a nice day yesterday I decided to go mad and wear a dress! I chose a new dress that I had not worn before but decided I did not like the buttons that had been used on the front. They were brown! Why anyone would would choose to use brown buttons on a green and white dress defeats me, so I changed them for white, much better. Luckily I have a fairly good button collection!
I am Jenny (when I was little my dad always called me Jenny Wren) and I enjoy making hand crafted things. Watch this space to see what I am working on.