I have also been using up the ball of dishcloth cotton (also called 'craft cotton') to knit some dishcloths. I have done them in a basket weave pattern. 48 stitches on size 9 (3.75mm) needles. Four rows of K4, P4 followed by four rows of P4, K4 and keep going till you have a square. 1 ball will make 2 dishcloths.
Should have been starting a week's holiday in Somerset today in the caravans with Mark, Michelle, Anais and Roman. We stay at a farm where there are three lovely donkeys which we go and feed each evening. They are very sweet.
Instead of that however I have been making face coverings. They are made from a layer of closely woven polyester cotton backed with iron-on interfacing and lined with knitted cotton (tee shirt material) as it is nice and soft. I added wire across the bridge of the nose as this helps to keep the mask in place and also if you wear glasses you can put them over the top which stops them from steaming up. For this I used some of those annoying ties that you sometimes get in packaging (I knew they would come in useful one day!). First I made a prototype and then made four. All made from material left over from making scrubs and scrub hats.
I am Jenny (when I was little my dad always called me Jenny Wren) and I enjoy making hand crafted things. Watch this space to see what I am working on.