Spent most of yesterday and today cutting out and now have 10 trousers and 9 tops ready to sew. The second batch of material that I ordered has also arrived.
Saw something a bit different on my walk today. Sheep! Including some not so little lambs. Still sweet though.
4 more scrub hats made yesterday and 3 today, 23 in total now. Some of the material and thread that I ordered on Friday to make some more sets of scrubs arrived today so I will start cutting out tomorrow.
Another lovely day. 4 more hats made today. I'ts been great to find a use for some of my stash of material, as anyone that knows me will tell you I am a terrible hoarder! See the card I have pinned to the notice board in the craft room.
Went for a nice walk this afternoon. I am lucky that the estate where I live is next to green belt land so I only have to walk to the end of the road and I can see countryside. Today I walked a little way down the main road towards Hagley and back again.
Pretty blossom tree as I walked back through the estate and the clematis in my front garden which is all in bloom.
Last 4 sets of scrubs gone to Walsall Manor hospital. Have run out of material now so have been making scrub hats instead as they can be made from odd bits. 12 done so far and have ordered some more material and thread to make some more sets of scrubs.
I drafted the pattern for the hats myself as most of the patterns available involved fitting a circle of material onto a band which is quite tricky. It took me 3 prototypes to get it right which I made from an old bed sheet. The band can be folded back for a small head as demonstrated by my model. I have mixed and matched the materials to make them more interesting. All blue so far but the next batch will be green.
Have been busy sewing over the last couple of days and now have 3 sets of scrubs ready to go and the final set is half done.
My fruit bushes are growing nicely in the garden. I doubt if I will get any fruit this year but hopefully next year I should.
Made 3 flowery scrub tops yesterday to go with the navy trousers and finished them off today. They are made from a nearly new duvet cover that I bought from a charity shop to make patchwork quilts out of. One side was white flowers on a blue background and the other side blue on white. I had already used some of the white background so could only make one in that colour. I also have a cream set that I made a couple of weeks ago so I took them all to the local co-ordinator for distribution.
I am now running short on suitable material but found two pieces with a small pattern on so have cut out two more trousers and one top ready to sew tomorrow.
Collected some more material on Saturday morning, this time navy blue. There was supposed to be enough to make 5 sets of scrubs but it actually made 6 sets plus 2 pairs of trousers. Posted the six sets off today and made the 2 pairs of trousers. I have some blue flowery material that will make some nice tops to go with the navy trousers which I will work on tomorrow.
Drove to Harbourne yesterday morning to collect my sewing. For some reason I thought they were going to be cut out and ready to sew. No, it was just the material, enough to make three sets of scrubs. As you can see it was in three pieces and it took a while to juggle the pattern pieces around to make sure I could get everything out. In the end I had a piece left which I will use to make some bags to put them in. By the end of yesterday they were all prepared and the pockets pinned on ready to sew. I spent all day today sewing them up and there is just some finishing off to do now tomorrow.
I am Jenny (when I was little my dad always called me Jenny Wren) and I enjoy making hand crafted things. Watch this space to see what I am working on.